What is microneedling?
Microneedling is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that’s used to treat skin concerns by stimulating collage and elastin production. Also known as collage induction therapy, this treatment creates micro punctures in the skin using miniature,sterilized needles.
According to the American Academy of Dermatology Association (AAD), the skins healing process after microneedling can help reduce the appearance of scars and darks spots as well as improve skin elasticity. Also, a 2021 review suggest that microneedling may promote hair growth in people with alopecia. At NuAura Aesthetic and Regenerative medicine, we have state of the art microneedling with SkinPen (trademark) to help create smoother, more radiant, younger looking skin.
Who should get microneedling?
You may be an ideal candidate for this procedure if you’re in good health and have certain skin concerns that haven’t responded to home treatments or other types of dermatologic procedures, such as chemical peels. Although micronedling is FDA approved for fine wrinkles and facial acne scars, it can provide improvement for sun spots (hyperpigmentation), enlarged pores, stretch marks, alopecia, and overall texture on both the face and neck. The microneedling can be combined with PRP therapy, and has shown to increase the effectiveness of collage and elastin production.
What is the process of getting microneedling?
Our team will determine your personal treatment schedule based on your unique needs, but most patients see improvement in their skin in the first month after their first treatment. In clinical trials, skin has been shown to improve for up to six months after a SkinPen treatment!
The entire Skin Pen treatment typically takes 30 minutes to complete, but this time may vary based on your specific needs. Its all done in a matter of a few simple steps.
- Your provider gently cleanses your skin.
- If you opt for it, a topical anesthesia is applied to minimize discomfort.
- Lift hydrogel is applied to your face, to help SkinPen glide smoothly across your skin.
- SkinPen creates millions of controlled microchannels to target natural collagen and promote your body’s natural healing process.
- After your treatment you may notice some redness or inflammation, which is totally normal and should subside within 24 hours to 72 hours.